Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Maps as Wallpaper

Yes Please! This reminds me of my last apartment in LA, where we raided the local ward library for a full set of satellite image maps of the whole Biblical region and put them up over the largest wall in the apartment.

via The Steampunk Home by noreply@blogger.com (Sara) on 2/1/10


I've got a map urge today -- it's never very far away frankly, and it's one of those design elements my husband Ben will also go for (as opposed to skulls, for instance). I found these two rooms via Design Crisis.

Lovely.

I've had these images from a very old issue of Martha Stewart in my inspiration file for a long time.


For an especially affordable set of large maps, check out the USGS maps of your locale. For $8, you can order maps of any location that are around 6 square feet.

Posted via email from daveyounce's posterous

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You would be a fan of the map room in the vatican museum. See 8 pictures starting here: http://picasaweb.google.com/rgreene07/Italy?authkey=Gv1sRgCL7j5bOPoejCtAE#5393803923484768002

Unknown said...

Link fail. Let's try that again: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tyzdldNHf3boGh3eAVcs3Q?authkey=Gv1sRgCL7j5bOPoejCtAE&feat=directlink