Monday, February 01, 2010

The Azure Blue Indoor Pool at Hearst Castle

Wow. I love everything about this HDR photo.

via (title unknown) by Stuck In Customs on 1/31/10

See you all today at Google!

I’m excited to meet a lot of my Google friends in person!  The talk is today, and I’ve got everything ready for it.  For reference, here are a few links I will mention during the talk:

  • HDR Tutorial – Free tutorial here on the site – you’ll be up and running with a pretty pic in an hour!
  • Jill Bolte Taylor – about the Right and Left Brain on TED
  • HDR Spotting – a site with the Attention Distribution Engine to drive more traffic to other HDR Artists sites (still in beta – you have to get an invite code from existing member)
  • Textures Tutorial - The textures and a video showing how I got those textured-photos
  • Videos – A collection of free videos showing how I take HDR Photos in the field…
  • Twitter and Human Evolution – A longer treatise on what it suggests…

Daily Photo – The Azure Blue Indoor Pool at Hearst Castle

I mentioned yesterday that I was able to get a private tour throughout Hearst.  It was a long and great day!  Thank goodness I had a mass of memory cards… I got so much footage it was crazy!

I could have picked a bunch of shots to be the “first”, but I thought this one was particularly wonderful.  There are two enormous pools at Hearst Castle, and this is the indoor one.  This is a nice vantage point because this spot is actually quite difficult to reach!  There is no door behind me… so I had to “shimmy” along that edge you see… It was NARROW… the shimmy was like a video game, except while holding a $10,000 camera!  Sketchy!  But I just had to get over here because I could visualize the shot before it happened…

Here’s a cool fact about this pool.  Part of Hearst has now been gutted so there is room for the IT department.  The IT department uses the water from this pool to cool their equipment…  wild, eh?

The Azure Blue Indoor Pool at Hearst Castle

Posted via email from daveyounce's posterous

2 comments:

Maren said...

Wow- that's one of may favorite colors, but that room might make even me claustrophobic- even though the ceiling is so high.

Unknown said...

Wow that is a wild shot. Very rare for people to see it from that angle, but then again you did take the private tour. Awesome!