Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Requested Recipes: Parsnips

Emily requested Parsnips - like Leeks, we always have a ton of these from our weekly veg box in the winter unless I turn them off in my preferences. Thus, it pays to have a lot of parsnip recipes while living in the UK. Likewise, all my recipe sources for these are British cookbooks.

Bacon and Eggs with Parsnip is from the Abel & Cole Cookbook, published by the same people who bring us our parsnip-laden boxes
The Roasted Parsnip recipe is from Betty's Cafe in Harrogate; published in A Year of Family Recipes, by Lesley Wild
Root and Cheese Soup is from Tender, Volume I by Nigel Slater - he has a whole chapter on parsnips actually!
and the Parsnip Cake is from Jane Grigson's English Food (even though it's adapted from an American carrot cake recipe).

Posted via email from daveyounce's posterous

1 comment:

Shells said...

I am really liking this game, but is anyone else out there STARVING now?