Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Requested Recipes: Canned Chicken in Broth

Mark writes: "Dave, I have about four cans of canned chicken in broth that my mother gave me when she worked at the church cannery. I'm scared to death to open them. What can I possibly do with them besides donate them to homeless shelters, which they may find offensive? =o)"

I see your dilemma, Mark. There aren't a lot of recipes that call directly for "Canned Chicken in Broth from the Church Cannery" and let's face it, we wouldn't trust them if there were. So a bit of adaptation is called for. If I were going to use chicken already in broth I would sub it into this Pozole recipe from Mexico: The Beautiful Cookbook. Let me know how that works out for you.

Posted via email from daveyounce's posterous

2 comments:

Mark said...

I was kinda thinking I'd need a soup and all I could think of was chicken noodle. But this recipe looks very interesting and what better ingredient for experimentation then cannery chicken. Plus it gives me a chance to work with hominy for the first time. Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

All this food talk is making me hungry! If only I could cook I'd give this a shot but alas, every time I try it I end up setting some part of the house on fire (and strangely it's usually NOT the kitchen...)