Saturday, February 14, 2009

Theme change


Sunset in Koh Lanta, Uploaded by Sanako* on 20 May 06, 9.34PM PST.



For the first time in this blog's history, I've changed the theme. Probably, you read this in Google Reader or some other aggregator, so it won't make any difference to you. But on the off chance you read on-site, I hope you like our new brownishness. I may not be entirely through tweaking, as there are still some vestiges of the old colors here and there. The new colors are based on the All the Tea in China theme from the Adobe 'kuler' site (my favorite online palette picker). To get a new background pic for the title, I used the Multicolr Search Lab from Idée Inc. to find some Creative Commons flickr pics in several shades of brown. I settled on Sunset in Koh Lanta by Sanako*, which I excerpted to make the new title background. Anyway, I hope you like it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty spiffy...

jeans said...

I like it too. Any way to make the content panel wider, since your font is now bigger?

Disco Mom said...

I do like it, and I visit on site for reasons like this. Very brown. Where's my bittersweet chocolate color? Need that somewhere. Ton's got a shmancy new picture too, don't she?

Maren said...

She do. Oh, and while you're at it, how do I make MY content panel wider? I've tried, but always end up with it appearing way below my sidebar because I don't know nothin about html.

I like the "browns", though I would classify them as "olives". Where's your new profile picture? You want I should make you one?

Dave Y said...

Maren - thx for the profile picks. They're "Ace!" as Hilde would say.

Jeans - content panel now wider. Maren: call me and I'll talk you through widening yours.

Maren said...

You're welcome. It was fun. And I tinkered in the code till I got what I wanted for width. If you see mine thru rss, visit the real thing to see the new look.