Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cardboard Forts



When I was little, my cousins and I would take over my grandparents' garage each summer and build a giant cardboard spaceship. They would collect fridge boxes and other large cardboard boxes throughout the year, and we would put them all together into a maze and make control panels out of broken electronic equipment and styrofoam. Then, when it was time to blast off, we would each get in our respective quarters (also our battlestations) and my grandparents would beat on the ship with brooms and make whooshing sounds for takeoff. Seriously quality memories.

I was reminded of all that by a post over on Geekdad which mentions Mr. McGroovy's Box Rivets. OH MAN that stuff looks fun. I am totally ready to start collecting boxes and turn my living room into a castle. I can foresee me wanting to keep it there WAY longer than the rest of the Family Steering Committee, though - maybe we'll have to work up to it with a Princess Carriage or something...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THanks for the headsup on those rivets, Dave, we will be all over those. Too bad you don't have a garage to fill with castle. How about tenting over the yard and doing it there? No one would mind if it was up for weeks out there.

Dave Y said...

Well, except maybe the HOA.

Maren said...

Phoey to the HOA.