Sunday, January 14, 2007

From one Nerdly to another

wow, i'm a slacker. Uh, sorry?

So one of the few things I have blogged about here is Camp Nerdly - now we're doing another, bigger one in May. I'm helping out, but someone else is taking the lead on the finances and everything (Thanks, Jason!). This time, I think we're doing a lot more things right the first time. Not that anything went particularly Wrong last time or anything, but I have a good feeling about this.

For one, lots of people are helping organize it, and it has a wiki to help facilitate that (I'm all about the wikis, seriously).

Speaking of the wiki, today drove not quite an hour down to the park to take some pictures of the site. It's closed for the winter, but one of the rangers went around with me unlocking doors so I could take pics. At the bottom of the page, you'll see a series of my very happy son going down the slide. What you won't see is how very angry he was at me when I picked him up and told him we were all done with the slide a little while later.

For the first one, it was like 35 degrees at night in October. Now, in January, it was maybe 65 degrees today. I'm just hoping by the time May 4-6 rolls around it won't be 40 degrees and pouring rain.

No comments: