Friday, May 16, 2008

Five word movie reviews

Pleasantville - Interesting idea gone horribly preachy!

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - Too much Sam Rockwell butt.

A River Runs Through It - Pretty; plodding. Like fly fishing.

District B13 - Best French Parkour movie, EVER!

One Fine Day - Arguing is not romantic comedy.

Spirited Away - Original, yes, but also overrated.

Transformers - HOT DAMN that was fun!

Key Largo - Hey Bogey: Grow a pair!

The Darjeeling Limited - I could watch this again.

White - Some Europeans cannot be understood.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the 5 word movie review idea. The movies that I have seen, I agree with you on, save one: What's your issue with Key Largo?

Dave Y said...

Well, my favorite Bogey films are The Maltese Falcon and Casablanca, where Bogey is in control and tough as nails. In Key Largo, we spend essentially the whole movie waiting for him to stand up to some thugs, with what seems like plenty of opportunity but little ganas. Eventually, he does, and its good, but its too late for his Seminole buddy or the pride of Bacall's character.

Disco Mom said...

I'm so on board with your review of Pleasantville. Here are a few of my own:

King of Kong - I should have known...GEEKS.

No Reservations - The German one is better.

Shall We Dance - The Japanese one is better.

Pirates of the Carribbean - Need ending explained every time.

Strictly Ballroom - Baz Luhrman is my hero.

Saving Private Ryan - Way too hard to watch.

Xanadu - Need cocaine to sit through.

These are fun, others should try!

Lyf2.0 said...

That's pretty good, David... Now do them all in Haiku...

Jeff said...

"French Parkour" is just about as redundant as you can get, my friend. Mmm - "Best Parkour movie, EVER EVER"? No. Shoot. I shouldn't mess with a master.

[leaps onto desktop, lateral flips to floor, vertical jumps through ceiling panel ... diminishing sound of bounding atop air ducts]