Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Goodreads: Mouse Guard - Fall 1152

Mouse Guard Volume One: Fall 1152 Mouse Guard Volume One: Fall 1152 by David Petersen


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
What's not to like? Beautifully drawn, well scripted adventure tale. It's a fantasy tale in that they're up against huge, foul beasties, but these are things we all know like snakes or crabs. No sign of "magic", which is fine - totally unnecessary here. If it were all humans, the plot might be a little flat, but they're mice! And that makes up for it. In a few years (when I'm sure they won't rip anything) I'll happily let my kids read it.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I'm not fond of is the lettering - wish he'd gone with on of Todd Klein's computer fonts.

If you like this, you'll probably like Mice Templar.

Dave Y said...

I will check Mice Templar out - by the same guy, or a different guy with a similar idea?